To camp.

camping

In the past, having a seizure while camping would have scared me off from camping. But not this time. I went camping again.

We brought a tent and the dogs this time, but it wasn't quite enough. I struggled, I won't lie. I still got uncomfortably cold in the wee hours and didn't sleep well, but I didn't have a seizure. So, I'd call it a win. Next step: buy a 0 degree sleeping bag (wish me luck on finding a good one on sale). Still, it was a spectacular night of a little rain, some reading, wine, stargazing, and comet gazing.

What is your favorite part of camping? 

I love the sounds of nature. Birds, owls, crickets, the trees rustling in the breeze. Listening to those sounds, I can let go and just be in the moment. When we got caught in the rain and had to hide under a bridge with the dogs for a bit, I marveled. The sound of raindrops  hitting the river while lightning flashed, and thunder roared, was like a symphony. Yep, sounds are definitely my favorite part of camping. 

Never going to stop. 

Persevere my friends, only you can make your life worthwhile.
KELLY ANN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

breaking the shell one piece at a time

recap round one

when mental problems become physical