getting through it


My dog has no personal boundaries

I don't know if I would be okay if I didn't have dogs. I have really bad days, difficult but manageable days, "meh" days, and good days. My dogs are unwaveringly there for all of them. To cuddle and play and demand that I think about more than myself. They help keep me going. Even when fatigue grasps me like a chokehold and makes me want to sleep all day. They want nothing more than to be fed, to exercise, and to be near us. 

Today I am choosing to be thankful. Thankful for my dogs. Thankful for my partner in life, my husband, who loves to go on the same adventures I do. Thankful for my friends. Thankful for the two robins using the bird bath at work right now, as I sit outside and write this. Thankful for my kayak and all the lakes I live near. 

Things are really tough right now, but I have right now to be thankful still.

What and who are you thankful for today?


May YHWH sustain you during these very trying times,
KELLY ANN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

breaking the shell one piece at a time

recap round one

when mental problems become physical