home sweet mountain home

IMG_5853 IMG_5802

Today's agenda: Wear out my over-energetic dog. Reality: I wore myself out.

I'm definitely getting the idea that I should stop hiking alone. I love the quiet enjoyment and the freedom to let my mind wonder and my imagination sore. I enjoy all the memories that flood my head at the sight of a mountain peak I've climbed and dipping my toes in a lake I've only seen from afar. These mountains have become like old friends, and a kind of sanctuary where I talk to God, but I think it's time I take more than God and dog on my walks. Maybe it was everything on my mind, or the very long day I had yesterday, (or both) but my degenerative disease showed up today and I fell. Right there in the dirt, on the trail. It wasn't a paralysis kind of fall, it was a wobbly kneed/drop foot fall that left me walking like a drunken cartoon on the way back. Exhibit A for why I shouldn't hike alone anymore. I made it to my car, no scary business really, just too many dangerous what ifs


trying not to worry about what ifs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

recap round one

when mental problems become physical

breaking the shell one piece at a time