freedom.


listening!
I got home from a great show in Reno and sat down to listen to the almost finished EP I'll be releasing later this month. There was no sleeping after that! Kirk did such an amazing job with this acoustic EP. So I set to work this morning/last night preparing for its genesis. Took a video, edited a couple videos and posted them on youtube, finished setting my website up with social media links and putting content up for people to engage. All part of the modern marketing strategy. What you all wouldn't know is how terrifying this is! I have put a lot of time and effort into building this business and, like all business, it is dependent on other people for success. God clearly led me here at the end of my rope and has blessed me with a good logical head on my shoulders, but my livelihood depends on the populace. I have medical bills and debt that some people would think is nothing, but for my budget it is over my head. I can't trust the populace to pay me enough to live on or (in today's culture) to even legally buy my music. I have to trust God. Trust Him to provide for me and, being outside of me and all knowingly perfect, to bless the work of my hands. I am obeying God's call for this season with everything I've got. This must be "to the glory of God" because I can't do it without Him! It's so hard not to worry about what I will eat, or how I will pay my bills this month, or if I will actually be able to save up for a trip to see my family in Norway next May as budgeted. Yet, somehow I feel in my inner being that it will all work out (even though I'm not one to generally trust my feelings). All I can do is trust God and wait to see what He does. I do have a plan B (I always have some kind of default idea) but it's a gamble with my physical limitations. This, right now, is God leading me to live WITHIN my physical limits. I just hope I can heed the songs on this new album and let it go, not fret, trust God, live life for more than myself. That is what real freedom is. I don't have to worry, I have an all powerful God taking care of me and leading me. My life isn't just work and paying bills, it's meeting new people and cherishing the ones I know. It's living to the glory of God, being who He made me to be, talking with Him, and listening to His voice. It's loving others with the love he teaches me. What could be more liberating than that?


Onward and Upward

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

recap round one

when mental problems become physical

breaking the shell one piece at a time