food for the sick

I was sent home early from work yesterday and immediately went to get some very important get-better-faster groceries on a small budget. Apples, Grapes, Bread, Soup, and chicken. Today I'll be bringing on the decongestants and pineapple juice! My head feels horrible and I have to sing tomorrow night! Here's a little staple of mine:

My Get Well Chicken Salad Sandwhich
one part shredded chicken 
       (or mashed chick peas for my vegan friends)
one part chopped apples
one part sliced grapes
one part chopped celery
a couple dashes of salt and pepper
a spot of mustard
just enough mayonnaise (or vegenaise) to coat everything
two slices of bread (potato bread in this case)
and VOILA!


I will NOT end up in a hospital for this one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

recap round one

when mental problems become physical

breaking the shell one piece at a time