food for the sick

I was sent home early from work yesterday and immediately went to get some very important get-better-faster groceries on a small budget. Apples, Grapes, Bread, Soup, and chicken. Today I'll be bringing on the decongestants and pineapple juice! My head feels horrible and I have to sing tomorrow night! Here's a little staple of mine:

My Get Well Chicken Salad Sandwhich
one part shredded chicken 
       (or mashed chick peas for my vegan friends)
one part chopped apples
one part sliced grapes
one part chopped celery
a couple dashes of salt and pepper
a spot of mustard
just enough mayonnaise (or vegenaise) to coat everything
two slices of bread (potato bread in this case)
and VOILA!


I will NOT end up in a hospital for this one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tricks of the disease

if we were all equals in the kingdom

When you're alone and life is keeping you lonely...