2013 Tour P.7

 April 12 

Now, before we leave Tennessee on this exploration of my tour, I have to mention my show at the Blind Bear Speakeasy. Unfortunately I have no pictures from this night, but it was the "cat's pajamas!" I had never been there before but the owners and staff were amazing when I met them and I was feeling pretty good about it. 
A couple of my friends had arrived and I was getting started on my first set. There was some sort of party going on with a steady flow of people. The table nearest my perch was talking to me and things seemed great. Then, as the first hour passed, I noticed the room get emptier. Then more and more groups of people were coming in, walking up to the bar and turning around and leaving. "Oh no!" I thought, "I'm scaring people away! They're going to be so upset they paid me to play tonight! I should have gotten a full band," etc. I really started to panic inside, but kept playing through my repertoire. 
In between sets I put my smile on and went to talk to the people who had been cheering me on, and friends that had arrived. Then one of the owners walked over and my throat sunk to my stomach. She hugged me and apologized. (Phew!) Apparently they had some licensing issue and could only serve beer until the following Monday. All I could do was laugh and tell her I had thought it was me. Her husband (and business partner) later came over for further positive feedback and they said they want me to come back next time I come to town. The rest of the night was a blast and my 1:30am dinner was delicious, (singing for my supper is pretty awesome!) but I'll never forget that contrast between what I thought people were thinking and what they said to me afterwards!
I will definitely be back there one day, it was amazing fun and a great venue! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

recap round one

when mental problems become physical

breaking the shell one piece at a time